Shred Shades was established in 2015 with the intent to bring the world quality shades and products for an affordable price. With 25+ years being involved in actions sports we are more then a business, We are a lifestyle! We are skateboarders, snowboarders, rock climbers and all around adventurous people who have a strong love for the outdoors and the thrill of adventure! Shred Shades was formed by Jason Salkeld who is an avid outdoors person with a huge passion for snowboarding and skateboarding. Jason knew the importance of protecting his eyes while doing the things that he loves outdoors. so he decided to create a brand that was dedicated to protecting the eyes of the people who also enjoyed the outdoors and didn't want to limit the brand to just one outdoor adventure. Shred shades is now committed to bringing you high quality shades to protect your eyes from harmful UV's while doing the things you enjoy the most. No matter what that might be, We want you to Shred everything and look great and have fun in whatever it is that you do while knowing your eyes will be protected.
Jason 19/20 season at bear mountain
Jason Salkeld 17/18 at Mammoth Mountain
At shred shades we want to make an impact not only with our communities but also the world. So we have teamed up with One Tree Planted to help replenish the worlds rapidly disappearing forests. For every product sold one tree will be planted so technically you will be saving the world one tree at a time. We believe mother nature gives us so much and if it wasn't for her we wouldn't have the resources to do the things and sports we love to do. The least we can do is to help keep this beautiful planet of ours green and full of oxygen.
Reasons for reforestation
- Air: Trees take in harmful pollutants and release clean oxygen for us to breathe.
- Water: trees filter water, prevent floods and maintain earths water cycles.
- Biodiversity: Forests provide habitat to many animals, birds, insects, fungi, moss and plants.
- Social Impact: Trees provide jobs and food security to many communities.
- Health: Trees and nature reduce stress, aid in recovery and promote overall wellness.
- Climate: Trees absorb carbon dioxide and other pollutants helping to clean air and regulate climate.